Friday, May 30, 2008

Media Inventory!

Which family member uses it the most?

TV – Scott
Telephone – Mom
Cell Phone – Lauren
Computer – Scott

Which family member uses it the least?

TV – Dad
Telephone – Dad
Cell Phone – Dad
Computer – Dad

Use is restricted?

TV – No
Telephone – Yes, no calling anyone after 10pm unless it is an emergency.
Cell Phone – No
Computer – Yes, 30 minutes of “free time” at once, then switch with another family member.

Used for mostly entertainment?

TV – Yes
Telephone – Yes
Cell Phone – Yes
Computer – Yes

Expensive to keep running?


TV – No
Telephone – No
Cell phone – No
Computer – No

Cheap to keep running?

TV – Yes
Telephone – Yes
Cell phone – Yes
Computer – Yes

List the names of your family members and indicate which is their favourite media tool.

Mom – Computer
Dad – Computer
Kristen – Computer
Geoff – Computer
Lauren – Computer
Scott –Computer

Which is the least favourite?

The cell phone is the least favourite. Although Kristen, Geoff and I have our own, my parents and Scott share one and only use it for emergencies. I rarely use my cell phone to just “chat” with friends.

Do children of different ages or sexes prefer different items? Why?

I do believe sex and age play a part in media item preferences. My parents use the phone the most since it was the only thing available to them when they grew up.

My siblings and I use the computer the most since we find it the “eastiest” tool to use because we have grown up with it.

No comments: